A Guide To Commercial Lawn Maintenance
Choosing The Right LandscaperWhen choosing the landscaper for your commercial lawn maintenance, make sure they have specialized experience. There is a general conception that all commercial landscapers provide the same kind of services. Ask the company to provide a list of the services they offer. Ideally, you should look for the following services:
- Seasonal color programs
- Turf programs
Using The Right Lawn ToolsWhen it comes to lawn care, you will need the right tools to achieve the desired results. Some of the essential and most used tools include:
- Lawn Mower: Whether you will be taking care of lawn maintenance yourself or hiring a commercial landscaper, you will need a lawn mower.
- String or Lawn Trimmer: It makes it possible to mow hard-to-reach areas.
- Leaf Rake and Soil Rake: A soil rake can be used to push the mulch.
Commercial Lawn EquipmentLawn mowers are among the most important commercial lawn equipment. You should choose mowers capable of handling all types of terrain. Some of the most common options include:
- Tractor Mowers: These mowers are more maneuverable. They are best for flat surfaces free from any shrubbery. The equipment is suited for lawns that are regularly maintained and don't grow high.
- Zero-Turn Mowers: In this equipment, the mowing deck is right in front and not underneath. It is available in riding, stand-on, and walk-behind configurations. A wide range of accessories can be used to carry out mulching, snowplowing, and other activities. Like tractor mowers, this mower is not suited for properties with slopes and hills.
- Trail Mowers: These mowers are designed to be hooked up to a riding mower or ATV. If you have large and flat areas, you should choose trail mowers. Therefore, they are used on golf courses.
- Walk-Behind Mowers: These lawn mowers are suited for use on smaller commercial lawns. They are good for working in tighter spaces.
- How much area do you have?
- What type of terrain do you have?
- Are there slopes or hills on your property?
- What kinds of safety certifications are required for your equipment?
Lawn Aeration & FertilizersAeration is an important process in keeping your commercial lawn healthy. When it comes to a commercial lawn, soil compaction can be more common due to traffic. Core aeration involves the removal of small cylinders of earth to create room in soil for air and water. It is recommended to follow these tips to get the best results:
- Choose the right time of the year for optimal results.
- The frequency of aeration should be based on your needs and lawn traffic.
- Irrigate the lawn before aerating.
Irrigation & SprinklersYour commercial irrigation and sprinkler system can make or break your lawn. The latest systems provide optimal control over the duration and amount of watering. Some of the key benefits of these systems include:
- Enhanced curb appeal
- Lowering water wastage and bills
- Maintaining a healthier lawn
It is recommended to keep all these points in mind when planning your commercial lawn maintenance. If you want more information, feel free to contact Dean's Lawn & Landscaping at 219-864-9078 or write to us using this Online Form.